Whether it's work, school, soccer, cheerleading, or even volunteering in our community, we support each other here at Hawkins' Haven. Take a peek to see what we get into. :)
Thursday, February 7, 2013
Well, volleyball tryouts are over!! We have a team picked out and can't wait to get started on Monday. I can wait, however, for upset kids and parents. That's never a fun part. At least it's not all on me. Having 4 other coaches there making decisions really helps. It's not little league any more and some don't understand cuts or the fact it's not 'pay and play'. We have to put the best team on the court at any given time. It is competitive. When there are 36 kids trying out and you're only keeping half of them, people are going to get cut. It's just that sometimes I think kids are given their way so much sometimes that they expect to get what they want all the time. The worst part is the parents that are fostering those thoughts. Billy and I make sure our kids know that when you try out for things there's always the chance they won't make it. I'd rather prepare them for the let down and then be surprised with good news than the other way around. Oh, well, it is what it is. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.